Sunday, October 13, 2013

Success!

In spite of only having a month to write/memorize a script and learn 10 new songs, band members changing last minute, and a first full band run through the day of the Rita Rose show, the very first Rita Rose show was a success!
I'm super thankful for my brother Matthew's and my sister Rebecca's encouragement and support. Rebecca had to bear through me script brainstorming, reading my script to her over and over, and had to listen to me cracking myself up constantly. She also was there for me to design my poster, help with the female costumes, pick up food for the band, and whatever else was needed. When it got down to serious crunch time and we didn't know how things were going to come together, Rebecca reminded me that "Failure is not an option. Primm's don't fail."
I about burst into tears after the show in the dressing room as she walked in and told me how proud she was of me. That meant the world.
I also could not have had a show without the incredible talent of Michael Goodman, Sharon Knickerbocker, Zach Lentino, and Zack Darce. Michael gave me encouragement from Day 1 when I thought up the concept of the show and dropped it by him to see if it sounded ridiculous. He thought it was great and graciously offered to play. Sharon accompanied my audition to get the gig at Davenport's and had been excited every step of the way. Zach Lentino stepped in with his fantastic energy and beautiful upright bass in the midst of a busy school schedule.  Zack Darce learned the set list last minute to play in place of the drummer who 3 days before the show date discovered she couldn't do the show. 
Micheal Kott was also a giant help in filming the show!
"Go team!" just before we went on stage.

Rather exciting news: A VIP gave me very nice compliments regarding the show (and this genre is his specialty) and also gave me super helpful advice for future performances. He is keeping contact to help me out with furthering the Rita Rose show!

Taken by my lovely roommate, Denise, who also encouraged me every step of the way!

You can now like Rita Rose on Facebook at  www.facebook.com/RitaRoseShow  and follow her on twitter at www.twitter.com/RitaRoseShow to stay informed of upcoming events!


In the meantime, I have started rehearsals for Towle Theater's "A Fabulous Fifties Christmas" and am so thrilled to be a part! The theater is in Hammond, Indiana, and the show runs from November 30 until December 22. Visit www.TowleTheater.org for more information!




No comments:

Post a Comment